Hi,

I think you made a few mistakes ( I have also done ):
Before you start, you have to install the kernel sources NOT AS RPM.
You should better compile your kernel yourself because distributers
often build their own "nice" kernel. You will have to activate soundcore
compiled into the kernel ( in section sound of make menuconfig ).
Then you're ready to install the kernel:
make dep clean bzImage and so on.
(...)

If your kernel image boots you're ready to install ALSA:

./configure has to be ran with following option:

--with-cards=  (you card module, look it up in INSTALL)

then you have to run make and make install so far.

then make and make install as root.

./snddevices

then you have to edit modules, module.conf and so on.

73 de DO1YPV

Philipp Vollmer

mailto:kaput@;gmx.at

PS: If you are unsure to compile the kernel, download the kernel howto
before killing the system.