Jose Luis Gordillo Ruiz wrote:
  Hi, i hope somebody can help me
  I have a motherboard intel 845 with  audio integrated.
  i installed alsa driver with intel8x0 support. all is fine,
  even the modules are inserted without errors, but there are
  no sounds! i've unmuted with amixer, but still don't work.

I have this motherboard too, and initially I had no sound.

The latest CVS version of ALSA worked for me. I have now a functional sound, but, sadly, with very volume, even with mixers at maximum.

Please tell me if you discover the cause.

Orestes