Jesse Marlin wrote:

I am not sure how else to describe it other than it is very erratic
sounding like it is having IRQ problems of some kind.  I have seem
some past posts on this, and wonder if there is any solution to it.
The soundcard is IRQ sharing with a USB bus which is not used at all,
and eth0 which is used on IRQ 10.  If it is some IRQ problem related
to eth0, is it possible to force the sound card to another IRQ
(through the bios)?  Thanks for any help.

My card is on my mainboard and doesn't IRQ share.
Check your BIOS for an option to not share the IRQ.
Maybe there is some setup program that you can run to change the IRQ it uses.
What device is it sharing with?