Hi!

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 06:48:23PM -0500, Ying Li wrote:
> However, I get no sound at all.  I have unmuted everything with
> alsamixer and amixer (set c1...) but there still is no sound.

Try using a "normal" mixer program like xmix. Since rc3 alsa doesn't
seem to store and restore the mixer settings correctly. And I can't
unmute using an alsa mixer. Together with the "Cannot allocate memory"
problems I switched back to rc1 that seems to be more stable.

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|          WWW: http://fsing.fs.uni-sb.de/~stse/            |