I have three audio devices: one ice1712 device, one usb-audio device,
and one usb-midi device. The ice1712 is my primary audio device, the
usb-audio device is a microphone, and the usb-midi device is simply a
2-channel midi input.

Unfortunately, the usb-midi device seems to be taking precedent over the
other two devices, which means I can't get sound out of the ice1712. Up
until recently, the fix for this problem was to add the following to
modules.conf:

options snd-ice1712 index="0"
options snd-usb-audio index="1"
options snd-usb-midi index="2"

Unfortunately, the snd-usb-midi driver no longer exists. The usb midi
device uses the snd-usb-audio driver as of the latest ALSA release. This
is something of a problem for me because I now have TWO usb-audio
devices, and I cannot set the index option for one of them.

How do I get around this? Is there any way to do this, or do I just have
to keep using version 0.9.0rc3?