On Sunday 17 November 2002 21:05, Dan Pierce wrote:
> Konstantin Kletschke wrote:
> >Ok, i complained few days ago about cmipci freezes System.
> >
> >It's not Alsa's fault, using Kernel Drivers causes same failure, two or
> >three seconds Sound, then machine freezes, nevertheless if analog or
> >digital or whatsoever oputput is activated.
> >
> >Are there _any_ success storys using the onboard cmi8378 on a SOYO
> >Dragon Ultra KT333 or is this Board a piece of shit at all?! Or VIA?
> >
> >Konsti
>
> I've got a Soyo Dragon KT333 (Black) and haven't had any stability
> problems at all.  I'm on a Gentoo Linux system and simply emerged alsa
> rc5.  I still cannot get analog 4/6 channel sound to work, but its been
> completely stable otherwise.

Same problem here with an a7v266e running red hat 7.3. 2 channels work ok,
more is horrible, distorted and clicks. I found rc6 by ftp, but result is the
same.

> I have to say that there seems to be a horrible lack of cmipci support
> on this list.  I've seen many questions (including my own) go
> unanswered, and most of them aren't RTFM or STFW solvable either.  I

If it were working, is this the correct config to play a 1 channel wave file
on all four?

pcm.test{
        type plug
        slave{
                pcm hw:0,0
                channels 4
        }
        ttable.0.0 1
        ttable.0.1 1
        ttable.0.2 1
        ttable.0.3 1
}

aplay stuff.wav -D test

> suggest contacing Takashi Iwai ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) since he is the cmipci
> driver maintainer, but he hasn't replied to me yet either.  Good Luck!

same.
Tobias.