On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Magnus Ullberg wrote:

> hmm.. im trying to get MPlayer to work but apparently it doesn't
> support ~/.asoundrc or mine is set up wrong.

While asoundrc specifies different configurations, applications must
still select which they will use. I haven't used mplayer recently,
but afaik it uses syntax:

mplayer -ao alsa:adevice=plughw.0,0
mplayer -ao alsa:adevice=intel8x0
mplayer -ao alsa:adevice=default

... someone who has a current mplayer installed can correct me if the
above examples are wrong, but that's the principle anyway.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!