Greetings all,

I was hoping someone could shed a little light on a question I have.  I
currently run a Live audio encoding/streaming system (Currently 12 streams)
using a mp3 encoder called Darkice.  Each system is running Redhat
7.2/ALSA/OSS Emulation.  I have 3 sound cards (SB Live & two es1371 cards)
in each system with darkice encoding live off each card (/dev/dsp,
/dev/dsp1, /dev/dsp2).

This setup works great with one exception.  It's a serious pain in my rear
to add a new server for each 3 streams I want to add, considering even at
very high sampling rates, I'm not using more than 20% of the processor.
Please note I'm limited to 3 PCI cards in the 2U rack mount servers I'm
using.  So I've been wondering if I can multiple-input sound cards that work
as what I've described above and increase the number of inputs on each
system (i.e. /dev/dsp1, /dev/dsp2, /dev/dspX ... )?  Any info would be
GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Will

--