On RedHat 8.0's latest kernel and after installing the latest alsa-{driver,utils,lib}
and following instructions specific to via82xx sound card, I can play a .wav file
fine. But I can't get any sound when I play a CD. I have unmuted the CD, and have
tried the KDE CD player as well as xmms with the alsa plugin.
When I boot I do get some messages from modprobe: can't locate module sound-slot-1,
sound-service-1-0. I used alsaconf to create /etc/modules.conf, and the installation
process automatically created /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound. Running modprobe
snd-via82xx etc. manually does allow .wav files to play but again no CD. I did not
recompile the kernel. The system is an Athlon XP2000 with an AOpen AK77-333
motherboard. I have set for via82xx; the actual board is a VT8233A I think.
I would greatly appreciate any pointers. Thanks.
--
Frank E Harrell Jr Prof. of Biostatistics & Statistics
Div. of Biostatistics & Epidem. Dept. of Health Evaluation Sciences
U. Virginia School of Medicine http://hesweb1.med.virginia.edu/biostat
-------------------------------------------------------
This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf
_______________________________________________
Alsa-user mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user