I'm trying to get ALSA working with my Gravis Ultrasound Classic. I have
compiled ALSA from source (0.9.0rc6) under Debian GNU/Linux with kernel
2.4.20.
I have problems using the native ALSA interface; OSS emulation works fine
(with for example mpg123). aplay works only when I specify -I:
$ aplay -I -f cd -c1 punkhum1.wav
Playing raw data 'punkhum1.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100
Hz, Mono
But if I leave out -I:
$ aplay -f cd -c1 punkhum1.wav
Playing WAVE 'punkhum1.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz,
Stereo
ALSA lib pcm_plug.c:710:(snd_pcm_plug_hw_refine_schange) Unable to find an
usable access for 'default'
aplay: set_params:781: Access type not available
Some error message appers with timidity:
$ timidity -iA -Os
ALSA lib pcm_plug.c:710:(snd_pcm_plug_hw_refine_schange) Unable to find an
usable access for 'default'
ALSA pcm 'default' doesn't support interleaved data
Couldn't open ALSA pcm device (s')
Perhaps it's trying to open this:
$ ls -l /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 116, 16 Dec 29 23:50 /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
$ cat /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
cat: /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p: Invalid argument
Some other information:
$ cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [24 ]: GUS - Gravis UltraSound Classic (2.4)
Gravis UltraSound Classic (2.4) at 0x220, irq 5, dma 5&5
$ cat /proc/asound/devices
0: [0- 0]: ctl
8: [0- 0]: raw midi
16: [0- 0]: digital audio playback
24: [0- 0]: digital audio capture
1: : sequencer
33: : timer
$ cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/info
card: 0
device: 0
subdevice: 0
stream: PLAYBACK
id: GF1
name: GF1 (synth)
subname: subdevice #0
class: 0
subclass: 0
subdevices_count: 1
subdevices_avail: 1
What should I do?
Thanks for any help,
- Nikke
-------------------------------------------------------
This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf
_______________________________________________
Alsa-user mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user