I managed to get this card running in one system but the second system is
giving me fits. I am running RH 7.3 and followed the instructions to
compile and install the 0.9.0rc6 drivers. The card is seen by the system.
I can read and write to /dev/mixer. The permissions on the devices look
ok. I have unmuted everything using both alsamixer and gmix. I am at a
loss as to what to do. I would really appreciate some help.
Thanks!
cat /proc/modules
snd-pcm-oss 42724 0 (autoclean)
snd-mixer-oss 13120 1 (autoclean) [snd-pcm-oss]
snd-ens1371 14148 1 (autoclean)
snd-pcm 76544 0 (autoclean) [snd-pcm-oss snd-ens1371]
snd-timer 14528 0 (autoclean) [snd-pcm]
snd-ac97-codec 30672 0 (autoclean) [snd-ens1371]
snd-rawmidi 16832 0 (autoclean) [snd-ens1371]
snd-seq-device 5452 0 (autoclean) [snd-rawmidi]
snd 37896 0 (autoclean) [snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-ens1371
snd-pcm snd-timer snd-ac97-codec snd-rawmidi snd-seq-device]
soundcore 6436 6 (autoclean) [snd]
parport_pc 17988 1 (autoclean)
lp 9024 0 (autoclean)
parport 33280 1 (autoclean) [parport_pc lp]
natsemi 18472 1
ide-cd 29856 0 (autoclean)
cdrom 33184 0 (autoclean) [ide-cd]
usb-uhci 23492 0 (unused)
usbcore 71168 1 [usb-uhci]
cat /proc/pci
PCI devices found:
Bus 0, device 0, function 0:
Host bridge: Intel Corp. 430TX - 82439TX MTXC (rev 1).
Master Capable. Latency=32.
Bus 0, device 1, function 0:
ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 ISA (rev 1).
Bus 0, device 1, function 1:
IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 IDE (rev 1).
Master Capable. Latency=32.
I/O at 0xe000 [0xe00f].
Bus 0, device 1, function 2:
USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 USB (rev 1).
IRQ 5.
Master Capable. Latency=32.
I/O at 0xd800 [0xd81f].
Bus 0, device 1, function 3:
Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 1).
IRQ 9.
Bus 0, device 10, function 0:
Ethernet controller: National Semiconductor Corporation DP83815 (MacPhyter)
Ethernet Controller (rev 0).
IRQ 9.
Master Capable. Latency=32. Min Gnt=11.Max Lat=52.
I/O at 0xd400 [0xd4ff].
Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe7000000 [0xe7000fff].
Bus 0, device 11, function 0:
Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97] (rev 7).
IRQ 10.
Master Capable. Latency=32. Min Gnt=12.Max Lat=128.
I/O at 0xd000 [0xd03f].
Bus 0, device 12, function 0:
VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. 86c988 [ViRGE/VX] (rev 2).
IRQ 11.
Master Capable. Latency=32. Min Gnt=4.Max Lat=255.
Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe0000000 [0xe3ffffff].
cat /proc/iomem
00000000-0009fbff : System RAM
0009fc00-0009ffff : reserved
000a0000-000bffff : Video RAM area
000c0000-000c7fff : Video ROM
000f0000-000fffff : System ROM
00100000-03ffffff : System RAM
00100000-0021a493 : Kernel code
0021a494-002e00ff : Kernel data
e0000000-e3ffffff : S3 Inc. 86c988 [ViRGE/VX]
e7000000-e7000fff : National Semiconductor Corporation DP83815 (MacPhyter) Ethernet
Controller
e7000000-e7000fff : eth0
ffff0000-ffffffff : reserved
cat /proc/ioports
0000-001f : dma1
0020-003f : pic1
0040-005f : timer
0060-006f : keyboard
0070-007f : rtc
0080-008f : dma page reg
00a0-00bf : pic2
00c0-00df : dma2
00f0-00ff : fpu
0170-0177 : ide1
01f0-01f7 : ide0
0278-027a : parport0
02f8-02ff : serial(auto)
0376-0376 : ide1
03c0-03df : vga+
03f6-03f6 : ide0
03f8-03ff : serial(auto)
0cf8-0cff : PCI conf1
d000-d03f : Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97]
d000-d03f : Ensoniq AudioPCI
d400-d4ff : National Semiconductor Corporation DP83815 (MacPhyter) Ethernet Controller
d400-d4ff : eth0
d800-d81f : Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 USB
d800-d81f : usb-uhci
e000-e00f : Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 IDE
e000-e007 : ide0
e008-e00f : ide1
e400-e43f : Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 ACPI
e800-e81f : Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 ACPI
cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 142627 XT-PIC timer
1: 1147 XT-PIC keyboard
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
3: 3 XT-PIC serial
5: 0 XT-PIC usb-uhci
8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
9: 327 XT-PIC eth0
10: 1640 XT-PIC Ensoniq AudioPCI
12: 40668 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
14: 12331 XT-PIC ide0
15: 8291 XT-PIC ide1
NMI: 0
ERR: 0
-------------------------------------------------------
This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf
_______________________________________________
Alsa-user mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user