Hello,

I am a linux newbie, so please forgive my ignorance.

I am attempting to compile the alsa-driver-0.5.10b package to enable sound on a Redhat Advanced Server 2.1 ilinux running on a Compaq deskpro/en pc which uses the AD1881 chipset.

 downloaded the package from the alsa-project site unzipped and untarred it.
I ran the configure script with the following command:

configure --with-cards=all --with-kernel=/usr/src/redhat

When I tried to make the package, I got a message that an error was encountered with sound.o.

1.    How do I determine what the error is?
2.    How do I go about fixing it?
Cheers,

Donald Raikes