Unfortunately for me , I have no such controls on alsa-mixer. All I get that represents Line jack is "Line" option and I can change the volume and make it the "capture" device by using spacebar , and ofcourse I can mute and inmute the card .. There is nothing else that I can do on line ...

OR should I do some fiddling around with the confs to get all the controls that you are talking about ?

Thanx,
Rajesh

1. Re: How to get rear speakers working on ens1371 (Georgi Georgiev)
I have C-media on my motherboard and the way I enable the multispeaker output
is through alsamixer. I guess it should not be much different for you either.

Fire up alsamixer, and then my mixer for example has these controls:

Line-In as Rear
Line-In as Bass
Mic as Center/LFE

If I mute these - they act as what they are supposed to act. If I unmute them -
Line-in become the rear output, or whatever... you get the idea.

With mplayer you may have to do -ao alsa9:hw=0,0 or whatever the correct syntax
was. You can also put this setting in ~/.mplayer/config but this is off-topic.

This SF.NET email is sponsored by: A Thawte Code Signing Certificate is essential in establishing user confidence by providing assurance of authenticity and code integrity. Download our Free Code Signing guide: