Hello,

I'm having trouble recording from SPDIF in using arecord with a delta66 and the ice1712 alsa driver 0.9 rc5, (I'm trying to record from dat). I am able to record, but only at very low quality (8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono). I setting the device to arecord with -d hd:0,24 for the digital audio capture. I can tell arecord to set the rate higher with -h 48000, and I can still record, but I dont see an option to set the number of bits. However, if i try and set to stereo, or use arecord's -f cd or -f dat options, I dont get any recorded sound. Using envy24control I can see the mixer levels are active so the sound is coming in, it just isn't recording.

So, how can I record from SPDIF in with reasonable quality (16bit, 48000Hz, stereo) ? Any clues?

~Colin.