ons, 2003-02-12 kl. 10:59 skrev Takashi Iwai:

> > OOI, what's that "audio" module?  It looks suspiciously like an OSS USB
> > audio driver.  You might want to check that it's not trying to compete
> > for the same device.  (Check the dmesg output.  It looks like it hasn't
> > found anything, but you probably don't want it loaded anyway.)
>
> most likely it does conflict.
> please add an entry "audio" to /etc/hotplug/blacklist (the file is
> depending on distribution).

I had to add audio to blacklist and remove the entry in usb.distmap, but
its finally stopped loading.

reading dmesg I see
usb.c: registered new driver snd-usb-audio
ALSA ../alsa-kernel/usb/usbaudio.c:1873: 2:3:1 : format type 2 is not
supported yet
ALSA ../alsa-kernel/usb/usbmixer.c:597: 17:0: cannot get min/max values
for control 2 (id 17)

> i added a code to send a "boot-up trigger" control for extigy.
> but it's untested because i myself don't have this device, and it
> might not work.  please try the latest cvs version.

What would this do, and how do I test it?

iain