From Hagakure, The Book of the Samurai
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 12:37 AM
Subject: [Alsa-user] cs4236 cd only sound

I install rc8b driver and utils plus rc8a lib.  8b lib had a problem with jack.h.  I'm running Slackware 8.1 and used the switched --with-cards=cs4236 --with-sequencer=yes --with-isapnp=yes.  I get cd sound, but no sound in KDE or from XMMS.  The PCM channel is not muted.  I did not have any errors when doing the modprobe after the driver install.  Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

Adam Oliver
System Administrator
Microsoft Certified Professional

"Even in trifling matters the depths of one's heart can be seen."
From Hagakure, The Book of the Samurai