Looking further, I found that I could set
'Multi Track Rate Locking' to 'off', but
my apps still could not pick the right sample rate.

After an hour of experimenting, I found that the
the command:

amixer cset numid=42 111111111 (any big number)

would set that control to #13 ('IEC958 Input')

Only from there, about half the time, would a command like

amixer cset numid=42 8

Actually set the srate to 44100.  Then xmms played
correctly.  But now, if I switch to an app that
wants 96000, I have to go through this whole thing
again.

'Multi Track Rate Locking' can be toggled 'on' and 'off'
but doesn't make any difference.

*HELP!*

Thanks, Toby

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

My Delta44 keeps getting locked at 48000Hz.  I know that under windows,
I can lock the rate down and free it up, but I'm having trouble doing
that with ALSA for some reason:

envy24control doesn't seem to have a control for this.  BTW, what
is that "Volume Rate" control?

alsamixer shows a slider indeed set at 48000, but it won't let me
adjust the value.

amixer has 'Multi Track Rate Locking' device, but I can't figure
out what to set it to to free up the sampling rate.

Thanks,

Tobiah