My Delta44 would be a good card, but in Windows,
or Linux, on three different motherboards, and
as many video cards, etc...   I have always had
dropouts in the sound.  I can make it happen
right now at will by using Alt-tab to switch to
Mozilla.

I'm actually looking for a new card because of this.
What is the best way to approach trying to work
around this?

I've been through many computers, like I said, and
resources are no prob. Present box:

Athlon XP 1600
.5Gig ram,
WD HD using DMA getting 40meg/sec sez hdparm
The present video card is an Nvidia Geforce4.
Also, the Delta is on it's own irq, 5., but
now I notice that my second card, emu10k1 is sharing
11 with video.  I'm not using the Live! though, and
I've tried soloing the Delta44 to no good effect.

I don't believe that this is a buffer underrun
problem, but drawing windows consistenly causes
aplay to:

xrun!!! (at least 34.546 ms long)
xrun!!! (at least 3.504 ms long)
xrun!!! (at least 6.069 ms long)
xrun!!! (at least 25.531 ms long)
xrun!!! (at least 43.415 ms long)

I've been through two Deta44's too. What is wrong here?

Thanks,

Tobiah