Hello,

I've been trying in vain to get 5.1 digital output from my SBLive card,
using ALSA 0.9.4 and aplay. I'm a bit stumped because I don't know if
it's a hardware limitation, software bug, or, most likely, a user issue.

I've created a six-channel wave file that I can play just fine with
$ aplay -Dsurround51 audio.wav
I know that the above line is for analog output, but I don't know what I
can do to send all six channels out the spdif jack - no matter what I
try, the amplifier only gets the two front channels (AC3 passthrough
with mplayer works fine for all channels, but as I understand it that's
a different beast).

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what docs I should read? So
far, I haven't been able to find anything eludating, and I'd appreciate
at least knowing which of TFMs I should R.

(some information, if it helps)
Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 08) [that's the "mp3+" version]
Debian Sarge/testing
Linux 2.4.21-rc1
ALSA 0.9.4 (from source, not a debian package)

Thanks,
Corey