Hi there, I recently picked up an Extigy and built alsa for it (before i had alsa built for an intel810 and a Midisport 2x2 midiman, now i just have the extigy and that's it)

After building it, I got sound, and the midi input was working great, but I couldn't play 2 things at the same time.  Is this due to a sharing problem or something else wrong with my system?  Or is this just the way the usb-audio alsa driver behaves at the moment.

Also, I can't select a device to record from.

I was also wondering, it mentions the hotplug information for usb-audio, I already had hotplug on my system with the ezusbmidi firmware for my Midisport2x2, does the extigy require any firmware?  After first rebuilding alsa with only usb-audio, i got an error when i would connect my extigy, a kernel dump would be shown.  I upgraded my kernel from 2.4.19 to 2.4.20 and uninstalled hotplug and then it started working (I don't know which of those fixed it)

If anybody has been able to run concurrent sound applications and set the recording device with an extigy any advice would be appreciated

Thanx!

miles