I just compiled 0.9.4 on Mandrake 9.1 with the Multimedia patched kernel. I installed the drivers, alsalib, utils & envy24control packages from source.

All goes well until I try to start ALSA.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] simon]# service alsa start
Starting ALSA version none:/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk/kernel/sound/acore/snd.o: unresolved symbol snd_verbose_printk
modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk/kernel/sound/acore/snd.o failed
modprobe: insmod snd failed

This is what is in my modules.conf file... #Audiophile Sound card alias sound-slot-0 snd-ice1712 above snd-ice1712 snd-pcm-oss

I have an M-Audio Audiophile sound card.

I have not been able to find any other examples for snd.o failing with this message in Google.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.