De: Terry Hancock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
A: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: 03/06/03
Objet: [Alsa-user] ALS650?

I once had a system working quite nicely with an
ALS120-based soundcard and ALSA, so I figured I'd be okay
with a motherboard I bought which had an integrated ALS650
chipset.  However, I find that this series of chips is now
owned  by RealTek instead of Avance Logic, and they have an
NDA policy posted in their FAQ.

So.  I could vent about idiotic proprietary manufacturers,
but there's really no point, is there? ;-)

The real point is...

Would I be wasting my time trying to get ALSA to run with
this board (implying that I need to just get a real sound
card), or is it likely that one of the earlier drivers
would still work on it?  I'm not particularly concerned
about the "5.1" sound -- I'd be happy with stereo out, and
mic/line-in working.

I'd be particularly interested to hear from anyone who's
tried it.

TIA,
Terry