> Tim Blechmann wrote:
>> i've got some problem with my maudio quattro. i'm using the .asoundrc
>> file from alsa-project.org to use all 4 channels.
>> it worked fine with alsa up to 0.9.2.
>> but with all newer versions i can't access the sound interface...
> What do you mean with you "can't access" it? The driver doesn't load?
> There is no PCM device? Error messages in /var/log/messages? "aplay
> something.wav" hangs? The computer hangs? Crashes? Green demons coming
> out of your speakers? ;-)
i'm using pd with the -alsadev quattro flag. pd gives me the following
messages:
ALSA lib pcm.c:1127:(snd_pcm_link) SNDRV:PCM_IOCTL_LINK failed:
Operation already in progress
(...)
audio I/O stuck... closing audio

> Please post the contents of /proc/asound/cardX/stream0.
M Audio USB Audio Quattro at usb-00:1f.2-2 : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S16_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 3 OUT (ADAPTIVE)
    Rates: 11025, 22050, 44100
  Interface 4
    Altset 1
    Format: S24_3LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 3 OUT (ADAPTIVE)
    Rates: 88200, 96000
  Interface 4
    Altset 2
    Format: S24_3LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 3 OUT (ADAPTIVE)
    Rates: 11025, 22050, 44100, 48000
  Interface 4
    Altset 3
    Format: S16_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 3 OUT (ADAPTIVE)
    Rates: 11025, 22050, 44100, 48000

Capture:
  Interface 2
    Altset 1
    Format: S16_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 5 IN (SYNC)
    Rates: 11025, 22050, 44100
  Interface 5
    Altset 1
    Format: S24_3LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 5 IN (SYNC)
    Rates: 88200, 96000
  Interface 5
    Altset 2
    Format: S24_3LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 5 IN (SYNC)
    Rates: 11025, 22050, 44100, 48000
  Interface 5
    Altset 3
    Format: S16_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 5 IN (SYNC)
    Rates: 11025, 22050, 44100, 48000

i hope this helps...

 Tim                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                              ICQ: 96771783
                              http://www.nyds-exp-discogs.tk
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,