Hallo,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] hat gesagt: // [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have a problem running q3-based games, because my ALSA sound card 0 does not
> output in stereo (appearently because it prefers 10-channel, 32-bit).

ICE1712 chipset?

> So I've tried for hours to get ALSA to change the card numberings,
> so that my onboard soundmodule becomes card #0.

No need to. You can change the sound device, q3a uses, with a command
line switch. Unfourtunatly I don't remember it, but it gets saved into
~/.q3a/baseq3/q3config.cfg like this:

seta snddevice "/dev/dsp1"

Just add this line and you should be using the second card in Q3

(Man, I didn't play Quake on Linux for long since I now own several
game consoles ;)

ciao