Le Dimanche 15 Juin 2003 07:04, Jeffrey Holton a écrit :
> Aha!
>
> I have successfully made the Via82xx work with ALSA!
>
> No more stupid snd_blahblah_printk depmod problems!!
>
> I have an EPIA M9000 board, and I'm running Mandrake 9.1 (with the
> built-in 2.3.21 kernel).
>
> Here's what I did, based on Kevin Page's suggestions (attached)...
>
> 1) I executed the recommended 'modprobe -r via82cxxx_audio'
>
> 2) I downloaded the 0.9.0rc6 versions of the driver, the utils, and the
> lib
>
> 3) I followed the instructions in
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php3?company=VIA&card
>=&chip=via8233a&module=via82xx EXCEPT for #4...
>
> 4) I actually *do* have DevFS, however, I ran ./snddevices ANYWAY
> (since I noticed I didn't have /dev/dsp, /dev/mixer, etc.)
>
> 5) I opened Gnome's volume control and turned up the main volume from
> zero.  (Alsamixer's "master" didn't seem to do this for me.)
>
> Voila!  Alles gut jetzt!!  :)
>
> I rebooted, and it STILL works!  (Hey, I'm impressed by simple things.)
>
> Now I'm playing John Tesh mp3s at full blast.  I figure if THAT doesn't
> crash my PC, then nothing will!  (Ok, I made up the part about
> listening to John Tesh.)
>
> So, the simple answer is: revert to 0.9.0rc6.  Megakudos to Kevin
> Page!!

hello

I just tried it, and it still doesn't work.

I did exactly the same as yours, but I can get no sound from most
applications.

I just counted : mpg123 played 13 times the same chunk of music.
xmms works almost fine with oss emulation, but sometimes when I stop a song,
it plays the last chunk 13 times also. I'm not lucky with 13's :p
(xmms freezes with alsa native sound)

I'm going crazy with sound :-(

Can someone please help me ?

--