At 09:10 2003-06-26 -0600, Sid Kwakkel wrote:
aplay and play don't have any sound although they don't through any errors
either.

What is the output of "aplay -l"?

When you play, does "aplay" respond with a little blurb describing the file?

For via82xx, you must turn up the VIA DXS controls using alsamixer.

If the CD sound works and nothing else does, I strongly suspect that you've got something muted... perhaps you should post asound.state and we can all see if we notice anything.

--
 Moshe Yudkowsky
 Disaggregate

 www.Disaggregate.com