i have a desknote a928 running RH 9.0

Everything works perfectly when it works. I have it
configured to run my m-audio quattro primarily and my
sis 70xx otherwise (its the inte8x0 or something
driver)

What happens is that on some start ups the quatrro
outputs noise, that is intense digital distortion of
the file being played back to the point where no notes
or anything can be made out but very quietly. If I
restart it and turn the soundcard off and then on @
start up it works occassionally.

here's some output from when it doesn't work
JACK compiled with System V SHM support
creating alsa driver ...
hw|hw|1024|2|44100|nomon|swmeter|rt
jackstart: pcm.c:687: snd_pcm_nonblock: Assertion
`pcm' failed.
received signal 6 during shutdown (ignored)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] booey]$
alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default:
No such device
[EMAIL PROTECTED] booey]$