Am Freitag, 18. Juli 2003 01:50 schrieb Carlo Wood:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:17:20PM +0200, Christian Schneider wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a new Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 sound card. I only
> > want to use analog line in/out and perhaps mic (no digital output
> > etc.). My problem: Playing music works; listening to music/sound
> > from the line in connector works, too, but I cannot record it.
>
> Using alsamixer set "AC97" to 0, "AC97 Capture" to 100
> and "Capture" to 100.  Press the space bar when on "Capture"
> to get a 'CAPTURE' above it.  If you want to capture from
> line, also go to "Line" and press space bar to select
> the 'CAPTURE' above it.  Or when you want the microphone,
> do that when on 'Mic'.

Ok, thanks!!! Now it works. It's really hard when you have used windows
with its three or four different volume settings for years and then you
start alsamixer or gamix for the first time and there are thousands of
settings ;-)

Something strange: When I start alsamixer the title of its console
windows is "CheckHardware - Konsole". Could this be a result of my
on-board sound which is detected by Yast, but not configured? How can I
find out something about the problem?
(hwinfo --sound tells me "Driver Status: emu10k1 is not active",
shouldn't it be active?)

Cheers,

Christian