On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 03:11, Herbie Hopkins wrote:

> I'm having a some issues with the mixer settings for my audigy2 card.
> I'm using the standard oem audigy2 card with snd-emu10k1 driver from the
> alsa 0.9.5 release. The modules load and I get sound from my speakers,
> however adjusting most of the mixer setting seems to have no effect.
> Master and pcm have no effect muted or otherwise, however the level
> labelled "wave" seems to behave as the master volume should and actually
> controls the volume output. Is it possible that all these mixer settings

My card is an Audigy2 Platinum, and i'm using ALSA-0.9.4

I've seen all issues you described. In addition to all that, there is no
way to control the volume on the line outputs separately from the
headphones output.
I am aware of the fact that the headphones have a hardware volume knob
on the Platinum, which allows to quiet the phones while listening to
speakers, but there is no way to do the opposite maneouvre (quiet the
speakers while listening to the phones).

There are two master controls on alsamixer. It would be nice if one of
them would control the line-outs, and the other the headphones.

I guess i'll try 0.9.6 and see if there is any improvement.

--
Florin Andrei

I updated my website:
http://florin.myip.org/