On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 00:17, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> AthlonRob wrote:
> > I'm having a hell of a time getting the dmix plugin to work properly.
> > [...]
> > Which, to me, says you can't use plug as a pcm, like you apparently can
> > do with dmix.
>
> pcm names, slave names, and pcm types, are different entities.

It's just all so confusing.  :-)

> Please try the following:
>
> pcm.hardware {
>       type hw
>       card 0
> }
>
> pcm.mixed {
>       type dmix
>       ipc 12345

fwiw, I think that needs to be ipc_key...

>       slave.pcm hardware
> }
>
> pcm.!default {
>       type plug
>       slave.pcm mixed
> }

I think that *should* have worked.  I wonder if we're venturing out of
user-can't-configure-it land and in to 'bug' land.

aplay puddle.wav doesn't give any errors, it just sits there, as if it
were playing a really long wav, except nothing gets played... it treats
it exactly the same as if I weren't using the dmix plugin and something
had the pcm locked.

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it greatly...  :-)

Rob