Thomas Kay wrote:
> I tried inserting these lines, and I no longer get this error message when
> like when they load individually.  On trying to run alsamixer, I get an
> error stating
>
> function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or directory
>
> I assume this means they didn't load correctly?

You can see in /proc/asound/cards if the drivers have been loaded
correctly. The allocated interrupts are listed in /proc/interrupts.

The message above means that the device file for the mixer
(/dev/snd/controlC0 for card 0) doesn't exist. If you're using devfs,
this file should be created automatically; without devfs, the
snddevices script has to be run to create it.

Are there any files in /dev/snd/ ?

Regards,
Clemens