Hi,

I own a HP nx9005 laptop which comes with the Ali5451 core onboard. The
core itself works perfectly in linux with either Trident (from
OSS/Free), snd_ali5451 (from ALSA) and the trident driver from
OSS/Linux. However I have a port replicator that includes the sound
plugs on it (Mic/Line In/Line Out and an additional SP/DIF out).

When I am playing music "undocked" everything is fine and I can hear the
sound perfectly. As soon as I plug the laptop into the station with the
lead plugged in it all goes quiet. No audio gets to the external
speakers. If I unplug the cable from the station laptop audio is
restored and I can still get audio from the port on the side of the
laptop.

The annoying thing is that OSS/Linux (the pay-for one off
www.opensound.com) works and the audio comes out of the docking station
when required. However the OSS/Free trident drivers and ALSA drivers
don't. Neither module reports any errors that I can find.

Any ideas anyone?

Matt