> At Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:21:18 +0000,
> hernan hinojal wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I searched in Alsa's site and i couldnīt  find support for the ALC655 chip.
> > I need to make the digital ouput from my onboard soundard (GIGABYTE KT400
> > with realtek ALC655) work. Anyone knows if Alsa supports it (even
> > unofficialy?)
>
> not yet.
>

> Takashi

Is anyone currently working on this?  I have this same board and chipset
and some experience writing drivers.  I would be willing to to give this
a go , particularly if there is already an older ac97 codec (for the
ALC650 perhaps) that just needs updating.  If someone is already working
on this, however, I would hate to duplicate the effort.

Thad Phetteplace