Brice Méalier wrote:
> After a look at the /var/log/syslog file, I can see:
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module snd-card-1
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module snd-card-7

ALSA can handle up to 8 cards, and the startup script tries to load
the drivers for each card.

> So, what's the mistake?

You don't actually have 8 cards. You have to add seven more cards to
your computer.  ;-)

Or add the following line to the modules.conf file:

  options snd cards_limit=1

> PS: I am interested in the midi software an dI know I
> need a software synthetiser but I don't know which one
> I must use and how to connect it to the output device
> of my soundcard and so on...

Try Timidity or Fluidsynth.

HTH
Clemens