Hallo,
Jaroslav Kysela hat gesagt: // Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> Here is a complex example:

Thank you, I think I now understand the syntax. I have two more
questions, though...

> pcm.dmix1 {
>         type dmix
>         ipc_key 1024
>         slave {
>                 pcm "hw:0,0"
>                 period_time 0
>                 period_size 1024
>                 buffer_size 8192
>                 #periods 128
>                 rate 8000

Am I right that these values *have* to match the capabilities of the
hardware? For example this example does not work on my Midiman Delta,
and I wouldn't expect it to.

>         bindings {
>                 0 0
>                 1 1
>         }

The docs say about bindings:

        bindings {              # note: this is client independent!!!
                N INT           # maps slave channel to client channel N
        }

Do I understand this correctly, that for example this binding

bindings {
0 1
1 0 }

would just switch left and right channels in a simple stereo stream?

ciao