"arecord -f -cd -t raw -vv /dev/null"
shows the record level which is very helpful !

However, when I try:
"arecord -c2 -f S24_3LE -t raw -vv /dev/null"
on my VXPocket V2, all of the samples show
as 0%.  Is there a way to show the input
level when using 24 bit samples ?

Thanks, Scott.

PS - While I was (stupidly) running as root, I somehow
managed to wipe out my /dev/null device and make
my system unbootable ... :(   -- now fixed :)