At Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:25:09 -0600,
Donn aka n5xwb Washburn wrote:

> Hello Group;
>
> This is my first entry on this list so here goes.
>
> I have downloaded the latest version of alsa and have tried to compile it on a SuSE
> 9.0 box.
>
> Result of ./configure apears correct in config.log but pcm_misc.c #2 fails on every
> attempt to compile.  It eve appears to be in a loop. and finally it errors out.
>
> SuSE 9.0 has screwed up the way /usr/src/linux is setup.  I think this is likely to
> be the source of the problem.  Every thing else seems to copile properly.
>
> Anyone solved this problem?   The alsa-lib, alsa-utils and alsa-tools worked

the compilation is fine with the latest cvs.
you'll need to give the configure option like

        ./configure --with-kernel=/usr/src/linux-2.4.21-99-include/default
--with-debug=full

you should use --with-debug=full with the suse 9.0 kernel.  otherwise
there might be confliction with kerne's autoconf.h.

Takashi