On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:44:36 -0700
Gianmarco Di Loreto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Florian,  but whatever and wherever i write h"¨hw:0,0¨ xmms
> gives me an error (mixer error)...and second,  I don have a .asoundrc
> file!! Only asound.state...

Ok, create a file called .asoundrc in your home dir. put this into it:

pcm.!default {
        type hw
        card 0
        device n
}

ctl.!default {
        type hw
        card 0
}

Where n is the number of the device you want the sound to be sent to..
Check /proc/asound/devices for the numbers... Then set the xmms-alsa
plugin to the device "default" [without the '"' :)]

Does that work?

Flo

--
music: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/florianschmidt.htm