Hi,
I have a motherboard with an nForce2 chipset and the CMI9739 AC97 codec.
As some helpful person has pointed out, the Chip lacks a PCM-Out volume
control in hardware. All there is, is the mute bit.
Now, using alsa-libs plugin arcitecture, can I implement volume control in
software (maybe by even writing a plugin) ?
If this seems to be possible, can anybody hint the direction to go, give
a rough sketch of what has to be done ?

Thanks a lot,
Stefan
--