On Monday 01 December 2003 08:06, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>As some of you already know I am the occasional webmaster/docs
>maintainer for ALSA.
>
>I have been planning some additions to the site to make it more
>accessible but before I jump into anything that could be considered
> a facelift I would like to get some opinions from y'all.
>
>Can you tell me what things you would like to have on the website
> that are not already there? What things have you noticed while
> using it that are not user friendly?
>
>I would like to add a database for some kind of card rating system.
>
>What would you consider valuable things to rate a card against?
>
>All opinions will be considered so don't hold back ;-]

One thing that I didn't see the last time I was there, is a set of
instructions on howto replace the now somewhat ageing version of alsa
being shipped with the 2.6.0-test series of kernels, with the latest
versions, including a patchfile to fix the .config too.

This would be very very nice for us "bleeding edge" types.  The 2.6
kernel is a genuine winner so far in terms of user interactivity.  I
haven't booted to a 2.4 kernel more than 10 minutes to test something
in a month or more.

That said, I'm not having any real show stoppers with whats shipping
in the 2.6's, other than my logs cluttered up with "ac97" timeouts.
Chipset on this mobo is 8233 etc.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD [EMAIL PROTECTED] 320M