Hello. I'd like to get a better soundcard than the Ensoniq PCIAudio
I currently have. I mean to use the ALSA drivers.

I was tempted by the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz but was put off by the
warning from Frank van de Pol on the ALSA Soundcard Matrix about
limited ALSA support because of limited disclosure on the part of the
manufacturer.

That post is dated January 1st 2002, though. Is there still only
limited support in 1.0.0rc2? For the same reason?

If the answer to that is Yes, is there a card at a (roughly)
comparable level of quality and price that people would recommend?

Thanks very much for any advice,

Jim