On 2003-12-13 12:21:17 +0000 Mark Hubbard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2003-12-12 16:25:34 +0000 Mark Hubbard

But OSS mmapped games e.g. Quake3 do not work directly,

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "directly"? Is there a way
around the issue?

There isn't a "satisfactory" solution AFAIK: the mmap audio can be rerouted using "artsdsp -m".

So long as the latency is acceptable, it's fine with me. I think I'm going to go for this card. It's only $99, and I can pick up a more advanced system later on if I need to. Maybe I can help fix the bugs with the driver too! Thanks for all the help everyone.

-- Jason