Hello.

I built myself a new 2.6.0 kernel, incorporating ALSA and no OSS
drivers.  However, I can't get my system to produce any sound, despite
my best efforts.  I have read a handful of intro docs, and tried the
usual amixer commands.  Everything in /proc seems to indicate that ALSA
is loaded and available.  I believe the relevant files in /dev are as
they should be.

I wonder if anyone on this list can help me diagnose and fix this
problem?  Some info:
  * Mandrake-9.1
  * Creative Labs SB Live! Value (CT4832)
  * kernel 2.6.0 (monolithic, non-modular)
  * PIII processor

Thank you,
Dave.
--