On Sat, 27 Dec 2003, bhiksha wrote:

> Hi Jaroslav,
>
> Thanks a ton for replying.
>
> Re recording with  the delta 1010 : Ive tried every sample type :
> S16_LE, U16_LE, S16_BE, U16_BE,
> S24_LE, U24_LE, S24_BE, U24_BE,
> S32_LE, U32_LE, S32_BE, U32_BE.
>
> T he delta1010  does 24 bit sampling, so at least one of the 24
> bit formats above must have been native.

No, the S32_LE format is native because low eight bits are padded with
zero. 24-bit formats are used only with USB and PCMCIA devices.

> Regardless, capturing 8 channels of audio at 96Khz
> (which is a native sampling freq. for the delta1010) consumes
> 50% of the CPU on my 3.06 Ghz machine.

You may simply check that the conversion is not used. Use 'hw:0'
device name. Then no conversions are active.

Anyway, the problem might be also in the route plugin. The ICE1712 chip
captures always 12 channels simultaneously. So try to capture 12 channels.
And yes, hardware is assymetric: 10 playback channels and 12 capture
channels.

                                                Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>