> Jan  6 04:09:52 Wizard kernel: ALSA
> ../../alsa-kernel/pci/rme9652/hdsp.c:807: wait for FIFO status <= 0
> failed after 100 iterations

although i doubt that our problems are similar, i'd try to edit the
lines 378/379:
#define HDSP_LONG_WAIT xxx
#define HDSP_SHORT_WAIT xxx

using higher values ... not very elegant, but on my system i got rid of
this error message ... didn't help on my system, either...

take care...

 Tim                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                              ICQ: 96771783
                              http://www.nyds-exp-discogs.tk
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,