On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Carlos Fernandez Sanz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is the ADI AD1888 chipset supported yet? I'm asking because it doesn't seem
> to work out-of-the-box with Alsa 1.0.1, however Asus does have a driver in
> their page (see download area for their P4P800S motherboard), but it's for
> Alsa 0.9 (or rather, it *is* a custom Alsa 0.9).

Could you send us pointer? And if you are a bit skilled, could you make a
diff against our ALSA code (same version) to see what was changed?

Note that you might try to connect your speaker to another jack. These new
AC97 codecs supports jack remaping so front speakers might be in mic jack
etc.

                                                Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>