Greetings folks,

I've got a M-Audio Delta 66/OmniStudio in a PC (along with a CS4236
card) running Gentoo with a 2.6.2 kernel, alsa-1.0.2 (drivers, lib,
utils, tools, oss), and jack-audio-connection-kit-0.91.1.  I previously
had this card working properly in a different machine with a 2.4 kernel
and alsa-0.9.7, but when I migrated to the new PC I also moved to the
new kernel and alsa version.  Then, I noticed that the envy24control
panel was displaying the patchbay improperly and that routing was
broken.  The channels 'H/W Out 3 (L)' and 'H/W Out 4 (R)' don't have
'Digital Mix' as a routing option and what should be 'H/W Out 4 and 5'
are listed as duplicate S/PDIF outs.  'H/W Out 6 and 7 are just missing.
Here is a screenshot:

  http://www.danielepstein.com/envy24control_broken_patchbay1.png

Anyway, I've tried removing my asound.state an asound.conf files and
I've tried upgrading through several revs of alsa (until I got to
current and past the known issues with the ice1712 drivers).  I also
tried manually editing asound.conf to what it seemed it should have
been, but this had no effect.  Has anyone else encountered similar
behavior?  I'm concerned that the card may have been damaged, but would
like to rule out software issues first.

Thanks,

Dan

--

A boast of "I have been's,"  | Daniel G. Epstein
quoted from foolscap tomes,  |

GnuPG public keys available from http://pgp.mit.edu/