I am using ALSA in 2.6.2 and compiled support for EMU10k
Instead of giving me a sound device, I get these messages in
/var/log/messages:
Feb 11 15:57:36 jeff kernel: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver
Version 0.9.7 (Thu Sep 25 19:16:36 2003 UTC).
Feb 11 15:57:36 jeff kernel: EMU10K1_Audigy: probe of 0000:00:0b.0
failed with error -16
Feb 11 15:57:36 jeff kernel: ALSA device list:
Feb 11 15:57:36 jeff kernel: No soundcards found.
Here is /proc/pci (just the parts related to my soundcard):
<snip>
Bus 0, device 11, function 0:
Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 8).
IRQ 11.
Master Capable. Latency=32. Min Gnt=2.Max Lat=20.
I/O at 0xb400 [0xb41f].
Bus 0, device 11, function 1:
Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! MIDI/Game Port (rev
8).
Master Capable. Latency=32.
I/O at 0xb800 [0xb807].
<snip>
Does that tell me what the problem is? If not, what further
troubleshooting should I do?
Thanks,
Jeff Davis
-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net is sponsored by: Speed Start Your Linux Apps Now.
Build and deploy apps & Web services for Linux with
a free DVD software kit from IBM. Click Now!
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1356&alloc_id=3438&op=click
_______________________________________________
Alsa-user mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user