There seem to be several things in Fedora/Linux 2.6.x that should
replace the init.d/alsasound script of Linux 2.4, but they dont
seem to be working on my system, and I dont understand just what
they are suposed to do/how they intend to do it.

There is some stuff in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit that might load a sound
module (it doesnt for me), and there is a magic line added to the
/etc/modprobe.conf file that might run aumix-minimal (it doesnt seem
to do that for me).  This would restore the mixer values (If they had
ever been saved).

Any description of this stuff somewhere?
Anyone know how it is SUPOSED to work?

Seems a shame to move the alsasound script over to Fedora if there
is a built in way to do the same thing.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens