Hi,

My setup: Sony Vaio Z1 with Intel sound chip, kernel 2.6.3, alsa with
full OSS emulation.

As it seems the intel (ICH - Intel 82801DB-ICH4) card does not support
midi playback, I am trying to map /dev/sequencer to timidity.

Following the manual I can start timidity in server mode:

% timidity -iA

And play a midi file just fine:

% pmidi -p 128:0 file.mid

However legacydoom's music server (musserver) insists in trying to open
/dev/sequencer, which is reported missing:

cat: /dev/sequencer: No such device

How can I map /dev/sequencer to timidity? I realise this may not be an
alsa-specific question, however I searched high an low (all morning)
without finding any solution.

I would really appreciate any suggestion, thanks,